So, You Wanna Know about Frigidity?

The purpose of this blog is, as the title suggests, to discuss my personal pain and frustration with being married to a frigid woman. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the term, a “frigid” woman is one who is emotionally and physically cold. She simply does not want physical contact with her husband, especially having sex. I am sure there are frigid men out there, but I am pretty sure the overwhelming number of people that fit this description are women. I would like to differentiate between women who just have sex less as the years go by, and those that simply do not ever want to do it at all. I have read that psychologists define a “sexless” marriage as one in which the couple has sex ten times or less a year; there have been several years like that for me. Most married adults have sex, on average, between two or three times a week. I am lucky if it happens more than once a month and isn’t gawdawful. You are welcome to read, but please try to avoid slapping stereotypes and quick judgments on me or her. For those of you that are looking for something to “get your jollies,” well, I hate to disappoint you, but this blog is not it. If anything, you will read scintillating tales of people not having sex.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Money and Other Women...?

There seem to be only two triggers to get my wife to pay attention to me:  spending money, and the interest of other women in me.
She shows interest if I buy something really expensive:  a new car, a new TV, put down money for vacation, etc.  It doesn't have to be money spent on her; the most attention I have gotten from her in years was when I took her with me to buy some new suits.  Obviously, I can't use this angle to resolve our problems.  If I buy expensive stuff all the time, we'll go broke.
She will also pay attention if another woman seems interested in me.  Nothing quite gets her head turned like another chick prowling around.  I suppose there are times this could be useful.  Most of her friends have no interest in me, but there is one that can always be counted on to keep things interesting.  If I was like many men, I would have just boinked the heck out of her a year ago. However, I'm not that guy, and I don't want to be.
This friend of hers is super kind to me.  There are many times when the four of us (two wives and two husbands) are out, and I will ask my wife to do something ("Please pass the napkins, dear, would you?") and her friend is the one that complies.  When we go somewhere, she doesn't walk with her husband, or sit with him; she always seems to be sitting next to me.  Sometimes it is a little awkward.  She stands so close to me that I can feel her arm hair; she has really hairy arms for a woman.  Despite her arms, she is actually kind of pretty, and has a better figure than my own wife.  She's not the belle of the ball, but she does motivate the missus to act better.  I used to think that I should offer her friend money just to come over to our house every few days.
Sadly, neither of these ideas really solve the core problem.  My wife should be interested in me when I'm not plunking down a big roll of dough or getting hit on by a check-out girl.  Those occasions do not come around often enough to make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment