So, You Wanna Know about Frigidity?

The purpose of this blog is, as the title suggests, to discuss my personal pain and frustration with being married to a frigid woman. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the term, a “frigid” woman is one who is emotionally and physically cold. She simply does not want physical contact with her husband, especially having sex. I am sure there are frigid men out there, but I am pretty sure the overwhelming number of people that fit this description are women. I would like to differentiate between women who just have sex less as the years go by, and those that simply do not ever want to do it at all. I have read that psychologists define a “sexless” marriage as one in which the couple has sex ten times or less a year; there have been several years like that for me. Most married adults have sex, on average, between two or three times a week. I am lucky if it happens more than once a month and isn’t gawdawful. You are welcome to read, but please try to avoid slapping stereotypes and quick judgments on me or her. For those of you that are looking for something to “get your jollies,” well, I hate to disappoint you, but this blog is not it. If anything, you will read scintillating tales of people not having sex.

Sunday, April 7, 2013

In Search of a Shrink

Since I got back in town after being gone for a week, I have been searching for a therapist to suggest to my wife for counseling.  This is harder than I thought.  I have tried looking on the Internet, but there are just not a lot of people in my area who specialize in sexual problems.  There are plenty of counselors who list "sex therapy" among their specialties, but they also list about fifty other specialties, too.  I want to talk to someone who has a firm focus on this kind of thing.  As I have mentioned elsewhere, I want the counselor to be a woman.  I think both of us would just be more comfortable that way.
I am looking for the therapist first, before talking to my wife, so that I can remove any stalling on her part to going to this.  If I don't have a plan in hand, she might try to back out later.
For those of you that wonder why this is taken so long, there are two reasons why I haven't gone to counseling with her yet.  The first reason is something I do not feel comfortable putting here (which I know sounds ridiculous given everything else I have shared).  It would make it a little too easy to identify me, among other things.  The second reason is that I simply cannot afford it.  I am hoping to get some more money soon so I can pay this exorbiant fee.  I'm in the wrong line of work.
Maybe I'll try the yellow pages tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment