So, You Wanna Know about Frigidity?

The purpose of this blog is, as the title suggests, to discuss my personal pain and frustration with being married to a frigid woman. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the term, a “frigid” woman is one who is emotionally and physically cold. She simply does not want physical contact with her husband, especially having sex. I am sure there are frigid men out there, but I am pretty sure the overwhelming number of people that fit this description are women. I would like to differentiate between women who just have sex less as the years go by, and those that simply do not ever want to do it at all. I have read that psychologists define a “sexless” marriage as one in which the couple has sex ten times or less a year; there have been several years like that for me. Most married adults have sex, on average, between two or three times a week. I am lucky if it happens more than once a month and isn’t gawdawful. You are welcome to read, but please try to avoid slapping stereotypes and quick judgments on me or her. For those of you that are looking for something to “get your jollies,” well, I hate to disappoint you, but this blog is not it. If anything, you will read scintillating tales of people not having sex.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Lonely again...

[Normally, I like to have a lesson or new information to my post.  This post is going to be more of a personal update.  Read it, maybe you'll like it.  Just so you know...]
Tonight, the missus was supposed to be studying something for work.  She has to pass this test to get another certification, which will mean a not-unsubstantial gain in her paycheck.  I fully support this, just so you know.  What I have hard time supporting is her study method.
Last week, she was about ready to completely give up.  I helped her out, but it was still a struggle.  One of the things I think is certainly hurting is the fact that she insists on studying with the TV on.  I cannot imagine a worse way to imbibe chemical formulas into one's mind.  After she said she was out of ideas on how to get better, I turned the TV off in the middle of her study session.  After that, she finally made some headway, and her grades on the recent stuff has vastly improved.
Well, here we are a week later, and it's back to using the Idiot Box as a study aid.  Maybe she will remember some of the stuff before she let the TV put a fuzz over her mind.
She was watching some dumb show about dancing tonight.  Getting over a cold, I am pretty tired.  After the kids went to bed, I decided to just cut out any complex maneuvering, and cut to the chase.  Though she was wrapped up like a sardine in a blanket on the bed, I asked her if she would like to come downstairs and watch a pre-recorded show.  My intentions are to sit together watching something we both can enjoy (I have no illusions about actual sex).  She says no, she really wants to watch this stupid dancing competition, and it's on for two hours tonight.
At this point, I decide that it is better to fold on this one.  Trying to convince her again will lead to a smug verbal retort that "I'm comfortable" and she doesn't want to get her lazy ass up to watch on the TV that has DVR.  That would make me look weak, and that is the one thing I cannot do.  The only real option if I want to continue this is to come back up in ten minutes and pick an argument over the fact that I am going to be ignored all evening.  However, I really don't have the energy to do that, and I hate starting manipulative arguments, anyway.
So, it's back downstairs, by myself, to do whatever I want, as long as it doesn't involve anyone else.
I went back up a little after 10 to brush my teeth, and to make sure she saw me not showing emotion on this.
Here I am again, all by myself.  I'm so glad I got married so I could be lonely, just like I was as a bachelor, only with a bitchy roommate spending my money and grousing about everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment